Sunday 13 February 2011

Some more self-reflection....

The self-evaluation sheets have been extremely useful in alerting me to my strengths and weaknesses. One of the main things that cropped up was my time management. Although I realize it is essential to prioritize, I must make a conscious effort to dedicate equal amounts of time to research, creative work, blog articles and theory reading and tasks. Also I must ensure I get into the habit of writing up theory tasks as soon as possible as otherwise it is difficult to remember my opinions and reflections as accurately at a later date. I have realized that my blog lacks self-reflection and constructive criticism. This is essential in aiding the development of idea and concepts and in reviewing my achievements and struggles. I must make an effort to self reflect perhaps on a weekly basis, especially throughout the Transition task where setting aims and personal deadlines will be essential to complete the whole designing and constructing process within the specified 8 week period. In addition, my lack of artist/designer research for certain projects may have resulted in my work being less experimental and varied so I must ensure this is a priority when beginning a new unit. As far as the blog is concerned, I must look at other successful design blogs to inform myself how best to write and manage the image/text balance of articles. I also believe it is important to update it with current work on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment